University of Freiburg
Prof. Dr. Thomas Hanemann received his Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry from the Technical University of Darmstadt in 1993 with the topic "Studies on low molecular weight and polymeric guest-host systems". In 1994-1995 he was a Visiting Scientist at the Organic Optoelectronic Materials Department of the IBM Research Centre in Almaden, San Jose, California. Thomas Hanemann is the Department's head at the Institute for Materials Research at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology since 2010. Since 2011, he is a Materials Process Technology Professor at the Institute for Microsystems Technology of the Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg.
His research focus is:
· 3D printing of polymers and composite components using STL and FDM;
· Process chain micro powder injection molding of ceramics and metals;
· Material development in the field of lithium-ion batteries;
· Development of polymers with tailored optical properties (University of Freiburg);
· Processing and microstructure of functional ceramics (University of Freiburg)[RI1]