Dr. Martin Schubert studied Physics at the Universities of Montpellier and Freiburg; he received his Ph.D. from the University of Konstanz with the thesis title: Detection of infrared radiation for material characterization of silicon for solar cells. Starting from 2008, he works at Fraunhofer ISE, heading the Team Silicon Material Characterization, Group Material and Cell Analysis, and later Department Characterization and Simulation.
His Research Focus is:
· Silicon material analysis with a focus on electrical material quality, solar cell efficiency potential and impurities;
· Solar cell analysis with a focus on spatially resolved measurements;
· Modelling of impurity evolution during solar cell processing;
· Photoluminescence analysis: global measurements, imaging, and spectroscopy;
· Lock-in thermography;
· Other techniques for material and cell qualification.