Albert-Ludwigs-University of Freiburg
Prof. Dr. Christof Wittwer received his Ph.D. from the University of Karlsruhe in 1999, with the topic "ColSim - Simulation of control systems in active solar thermal systems". Since then, he has been working at the Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems ISE, as the head of the Management and Control Systems and later the Department of Smart Grids, ICT for smart grids and electric mobility, energy management, and networks. In 2014 he became an Honorary Professor at the University of Freiburg, Department of Environment and Natural Resources. Since 2019 Christof Wittwer is the Director of the Business unit Power Electronics, Grids, and Smart Systems.
His Research Focus is:
· Smart Grids;
· System Technology Distributed Energy Systems;
· Electrical Grids: Grid Studies, Control Concepts;
· Dynamic System Simulation;
· Energy Management, Optimization, Smart Energy;
· Controls, Hardware in the Loop Testing;
· Embedded System Software Engineering.